Most people throw eggshells without knowing that they can be used in many ways. Here are some amazing uses of eggshells. From now on, you won’t throw them away anymore![expand title=”” trigpos=”below” ]
I. Obtain a calcium supplement
Egg shells contain a lot of calcium, which helps to strengthen the bones and cartilages, and can be used to prevent and treat osteoporosis and help relieve premenstrual symptoms.
Here’s how to prepare this powder:
1. Boil the shells of 12 eggs on high heat to remove bacteria and unwanted substances from them.
2. Using a spoon, sink all the eggshells during boiling.
3. After 5-6 minutes, a foam will appear on the surface of the bowl. Once it has settled, boil the shells for another 3 minutes.
4. Take the pot from the fire, squeeze the shells and put them aside.
5. Place the eggshells in a baking pan and place them in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes to dry them completely. You can use the microwave for this step.
6. Crush them using your fingers and place them in a coffee grinder or mixer for a few minutes.
Take one teaspoon of eggshell powder daily as a calcium supplement. You can mix it with water or natural fruit juice to swallow it more easily. Don’t exceed this dose because it can irritate your stomach. Be careful to use fresh organic eggshells.
II. Prepare a remineralizing toothpaste
The rough and shiny layer of the tooth surface is called enamel. It is made up of minerals that protect teeth against caries. Excessive consumption of sugar, caffeine or unhealthy foods leads to the appearance of bacteria that erode the enamel of the teeth. Toothpaste obtained from egg shells helps to remineralize the enamel, enhancing and soothing the teeth.
Here’s how to get this paste:
1. Boil, dry and crush 12 eggshells, following the steps from point 1.
2. In a bowl, mix the eggshell powder with a teaspoon of baking soda, 3 teaspoons of coconut oil (to obtain a fine consistency) and 10 drops of essential mint oil (optional).
Keep the paste in a jar and use it every morning to clean your teeth as well as your usual toothpaste.
III. Plant fertilization
Egg shells contain calcium and minerals, such as phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium, helping to soak the soil in the garden and prevent rotting plants.
1. Boil, dry and crush the 12 eggsshells, following the steps in point 1. This quantity will enough for the fertilization of the soil around 2-4 plants.
2. Spread the egg shell powder onto the soil around the plants.
3. Using a rake, mix the powder with the soil.
4. Water the area to help egg shells penetrate the soil and provide the nutrients needed for the plant.[/expand]